Youth Acting Camps
Acting Camps for Aspiring Young Actors (Ages 10-14)
The Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts camps offer students a chance to gain the necessary skills to get started on Film & TV acting careers. Students receive hands-on training to gain the skills and confidence required to make the transition from stage acting to screen. They will obtain a strong foundation in the essentials of acting and learn how to apply their skills in auditions to deliver powerful and believable on-screen performances.
Our 1 week (5 days) Summer Youth Acting Camps have been designed by professional actors to immerse aspiring actors and those with no experience in the craft of acting for Film & TV. Whether you have a child who was born with the acting bug or has dreams of acting on screen, the Acting Camps at Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts (VADA) are the perfect way to enter the world of acting for film. In-class instruction is taught by professional actors and students gain experience acting on camera to establish a solid foundation as actors.
Students take a variety of acting classes covering the following:
- Acting for Film & TV Technique
- Scene Study
- Auditions for Commercials, Film & TV
Students will be working in non-traditional acting classes. Video cameras are used at times during class, so students may see their work at every stage of the process. Students develop the techniques and confidence they need to create believable performances for the camera. Upon successful completion of the camp, students receive a Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts Action! Camp Certificate of Completion.
Learn Acting By Acting
This camp introduces young actors to the basic elements of the craft of acting through fundamental acting techniques and scene study. Students learn how to act on stage as well as how to act in front of the camera through class shoots aimed specifically at training the actor for the technical requirements of acting on a film set using short scenes. Classes encourage students to break down inhibitions, and help them find the effective personal sources for the creation of truthful characters.
- A brief explanation discussing your interest in acting, any previous acting experience (if any) and why you feel you would be a good candidate for VADA’s camp
- 2 Photos (head and full body shot)
- Completed Application Form
- Signed Waivers: Student/Parental/Medical and Photo Waivers
Those attending the camp should:
- Have strong communications skills in English (speaking & listening)
- Possess mature attitude (for age) and genuine interest in acting
- Be able to remain well focused/attentive for an extended time
- Respond well to coaching and interacting with others
*Note: Please make sure your child brings a light snack and beverage for the day (there will be a 15 minute break). Also, the limitations of a one-week course should be apparent, given that many people spend years studying and perfecting their craft.
*Please contact the school for application form and waivers*