5 Different scholarships are available for students that meet the following criteria:
- Proof of training in Dramatic Arts from recognizable institutions. Maximum of $250.00
- Proof of past experience in Dramatic Arts where the applicant has experience in Theatre or Film/TV, or awards and bursaries won from your artistic endeavours. Maximum of $250.00
- 3 Reference letters from industry professionals they have worked with. i.e. Agents, Directors, Teachers/Instructors or Leaders in your community. Maximum of $500.00
- A taped monologue supplied by VADA to demonstrate your understanding of the material, and skills as an actor. Maximum of $500.00
- Create an original artistic project that showcases you as an artist. How does this “piece” impact your life as an artist and how does that idea correlate to the significance that art has in society. Maximum of $1000.00.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 19 years old, or 18 years old with a high school diploma or high school equivalency.
- Applicants must indicate in writing as to how they are to cover costs during their course at VADA (eg. Savings, job, Student Loans etc.)
- Applicants must notify the school if they have any illness or are on any type of medication.
- Scholarship finalists must read all student related policies, student conduct, dismissals, disputes, refunds etc., prior to the start date of the course.
- Applicants must provide a headshot (or two current photographs: one close-up and one full-body shot).
- Applicants must provide acting resume listing any previous experience and training.
- The above requirements are added to the admission process.
Special notes to consider when applying:
- Applications for Scholarships close 30 calendar days before the start of the program to allow for proper processing time.
- The Scholarship will not be processed until the institution has received the 30% deposit in full after acceptance to the DAP.
- Your scholarship(s) will expire within 14 calendar days after the deposit has been received if the institution does not receive other documentation to support the scholarship(s) application.
- Scholarships can not be deferred or applied to other DAP intakes once the student has started the application.
- Scholarship applications will not be accepted after the start date of your program.