Full Time Course Registration
Take the exciting fist steps to start your Film & TV acting career. Fill out the form below to apply for full time studies.
Entrance Qualifications & Process for Acceptance
- Applicants must be a minimum of 17 years of age (with a high school diploma or high school equivalency and parental/guardian permission) OR 19 years of age at the time of application (without a high school diploma to be considered for acceptance under “Mature Student” status).
- Applicants will be contacted (in order that their registration was received) by the Registrar to verify information included on their registration and to set up a telephone interview date and time.
- Telephone Interview: Registrar will call and ask question to learn more about the candidate’s motivations for studying acting and suitability for the program (e.g. how they became interested in acting, any prior acting training (not a pre-requisite), plans to manage the financial requirements (e.g. savings, job, parent etc.), also if they have any illnesses or if they are on any type of medication etc.
- Based on the outcome of the telephone interview, the Registrar will determine if the applicant is suitable for the program. If they are deemed suitable, the applicant successfully moves on to the next stage of the enrolment process; The Written Essay.
- The Written Essay: Applicant is provided 3 days in which to provide a brief 300-Word essay covering the similar topics discussed in their telephone interview and why they have selected VADA to pursue their training as an actor.
- If applicant successfully passes the Written Essay stage, they will move on to the next stage of the enrolment process; The Audition
- The Audition: Applicants will be sent a scene (1-2 minutes in length) to practice and create a video of themselves performing from memory, then send it to the school for review.
- The Registrar will contact applicants regarding any decision regarding their acceptance and ALL applicants will receive written feedback on their performance, regardless of acceptance.
- If accepted, the Registrar will discuss with the successful applicant on how to make arrangements for sending their program tuition deposit within 14 business days.
- Applicants must read all student related policies; including refund policy, personal conduct, dismissals, disputes, etc., prior to the start date of the course.
- Not included in tuition is approximately $300 you will need for professional headshots and reproductions in the last month of the program. Please budget accordingly.
- Applicants must provide a photograph of themselves (does not need to be a professional headshot).
International Students Additional Qualifications
- All applicants hailing from non-english speaking countries must provide us with International English Language Testing (IELTS) score of 5.5 or higher or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) score of 65 or higher and pass an oral interview with an Admissions Advisor.
- If accepted, the tuition deposit required to hold your seat in the program is 50% of the total tuition fees due.
- International applicants must apply at least 30 days before the start of the program to allow for immigration.
- All students are responsible for finding their own accommodations in Vancouver while attending school at VADA.