English Language Proficiency Policy
English is the primary language of instruction at Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts (VADA). Students enrolled in full-time or part-time programs and workshops require at least a minimum level of English language proficiency. Therefore, if the student’s primary language is not English, they will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English in order to enroll in studies at this institution.
Prospective students meet the English language proficiency requirement for enrollment if they can demonstrate English language competence through the following options:
- Written Skills:
- Full-Time program – Application essay
- Part-Time program – Email correspondence with Registrar
- Speaking Skills:
- Full-Time program – Application interview
- Part-Time program – Phone interview
- Workshops – Phone correspondence
- IELTS score 6.5 or higher (or IELTS 6.5 equivalent)
The written and speaking skills are then evaluated to determine if the potential student meets the minimum requirements.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum level of language proficiency for admission to Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts are welcome to reapply at a later date when they have achieved the minimum language requirements required for enrollment.